well you guys, i'm not going to beat around the bush on this one. this recipe is probably the easiest recipe on this website... AND it gets an A++++ from #chefhaley and her official taste tester. it's so ridiculously easy, healthy, and delicious - it's a complete no brainer when you're wanting something on the sweet side for breakfast. it's great for groups and brunches, too, because you can reheat it on the go! i truly can't say enough good things about it.
you can use any kind of fruit you'd like or you could switch the rolled oats for steel cut if that's your thing. either way, this is a recipe on my sweet breakfast rotation that is staying for a while.
baked berry oatmeal (adapted from here)
ingredients | serves 6
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (you could also use honey)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (or any other fruit)
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- preheat your oven to 375 degrees. lightly grease an 8x8 square dish or 2-quart baking dish.
- combine rolled oats, half of the pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- combine maple syrup, almond milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- slice bananas and spread them in a single layer on the bottom of your baking dish.
- top bananas with half of your berries.
- sprinkle dry ingredients, then pour your wet ingredients evenly on top.
- finish with the rest of the berries and the other half of the chopped pecans.
- bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown on top. let cool for 10 minutes before serving!
can't wait for y'all to try this one! let me know what you think!