similar to my greek night post, sometimes i just don't feel like bringing out the big guns in the kitchen, but still want something super delicious. idealistic? maybe. but that's where these too good to be true flatbreads come in.
this is one of those recipes that you can whip together in 10 minutes, tops. i love, love recipes like that. keeping it simple and easy is what everyone wants, am i right?
you could be super into this and make your own pizza dough - i will admit to you, i am not one of those people. maybe on a weekend. but on a weeknight, when i have things to do (aka, when i want to watch my DVR episodes of empire and pour over my new real simple issue), store bought will do just fine.
ingredients | makes two individual flatbreads
- 1/2 package of store bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- wax paper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- place your pizza dough out on the counter for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- preheat your oven to 450.
- spread out your cornmeal on a sheet of wax paper on your counter.
- split your dough in half, then in half again. put the first half back in the fridge.
- place your two pieces of dough on the waxed paper, rolling in the cornmeal until it's all covered.
- work your dough. i work each section for about 5-8 minutes until it's thin, but not thin enough that it breaks.
- once your dough is done, place on a greased baking sheet. top each with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- spread one with the pesto, chicken, and both cheeses.
- spread the other with the pizza sauce, both cheeses, and basil.
- place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
wasn't that easy? they're seriously lifesavers when i need something quick and easy to whip up, and most of the toppings i have on hand. feel free to do yours differently - all you need are the basics to get started on your own combination!
til next time,