you know those nights where you’re craving something sweet, but you don’t know exactly what, so you tear apart your kitchen, eating along the way? yes, i’m guilty of this too. every once in a while, you just need a little something sweet. enter: single serving chocolate chip cookies.
these are so easy to whip up it’s dangerous.
for two people, this is the perfect evening dessert with a side of netflix and a glass of milk… or wine. no judgement here.
erfect single serving chocolate chip cookies
ingredients | makes four medium sized cookies (two servings)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk (save or discard the white)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons (or more or less) chocolate chips
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees. line a baking sheet with parchment paper for limited clean up. (i’m telling you - i was never a believer in this ‘parchment paper’ stuff, but it is a game changer.)
- melt your butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until partially melted but not steaming. let the melted butter sit while you do the next step.
- mix together your brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt.
- mix in your cooled melted butter.
- mix in your egg yolk.
- now you can mix in your dry ingredients. mix in the flour and baking soda into your wet mixture.
- finally, pour in your chocolate chips to your heart’s content. (who’s counting tablespoons anyway?)
- place on lined baking sheet in heaping tablespoon scoops. this should yield you 4 cookies.
- bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
i hope this brings a little bit of sanity to your life when you just need a little bit of something indulgent.
til next time,