this cheesecake is by far the most requested item in my house. as in, by my fiancé. but that's okay. i'll gladly oblige, because this cheesecake is a rarity: easy and skinny! say what?!
this is my homage to fourth of july - but you can do whatever you'd like! drizzle chocolate or caramel, add whipped cream, more fruit, or all of the above. or even plain for pete's sake. all i'm saying is you need to try this asap!
easy skinny cheesecake
adapted from skinnytaste
ingredients | serves 8
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 8oz package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6oz fat free vanilla greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- toppings of your choice!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.
- Spray a 9-inch round pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare your crust by pulsing the graham crackers and butter in a food processor until fine. Or, buy a premade one from the store and use it. I've done both!
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth using an electric or stand mixer.
- Slowly add in yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice, and flour. Do not over beat! Just until it's smooth, otherwise it will separate.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then top with berries. Chill for a few hours before serving!
I've made this for friends, work functions, family, and obviously myself over a dozen times over the years, and It's definitely one that i'll use for years to come! the lemon and vanilla are easy ways to add flavor without calories, and the greek yogurt helps keep the richness. it's so delicious, i'm craving it now as i type.
what dessert did you celebrate 4th of july with?