welcome to my new blog! isn't it pretty? i'm really happy with it so far & hope you are too! i'll be adding more here but also slowly transferring recipes over from my old blog. stay tuned!
now, onto this beauty: healthy breakfast quinoa bowls. since the new year, i've been trying to get back on the bandwagon, but with traveling every month it's been pretty difficult to eat right. these breakfast bowls make me look forward to eating well and i always feel satisfied and happy afterwards!
healthy breakfast quinoa bowls
ingredients | makes two quinoa bowls
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp granola (i love to use my recipe, but feel free to use your own!)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt
- drizzle of maple syrup or honey
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- cook your quinoa. it's just like rice - 2 parts water, 1 part quinoa. rinse it well in a fine mesh strainer. combine water + quinoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until all of the water is absorbed.
- measure out 1/2 cup cooked quinoa & place in a saucepan with 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk on low-medium heat until absorbed.
- combine cooked quinoa with granola and stir until combined.
- top with fresh berries, banana, 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, and a pinch of honey and cinnamon.
this is the perfect warm weather breakfast and my favorite sweet but healthy am option. i'm loving that fruit is coming back in season and spring is almost here!